Escanaba Students—equipped to embrace the future as leaders and innovators.
Igniting passion for excellence while inspiring creativity and instilling strength of character.
The Escanaba Area Public School
District is an outstanding public school system serving more than 2,500
students and their families. Our
academic standards are high, with state and national level awards
in academics, fine & performing arts, and athletics. We are very
proud of the successes of our students.
The district employs 127 teachers, 66 teacher's aides
and assistants, and nine administrators. In addition we employ approximately
98 support staff, who assist in keeping the buildings operating in an
organized manner, keeping them clean, serving nutritional food, transporting
students, and assisting teachers and students.
We operate on a general fund budget of $21.2 million
with a local tax levy of 18 mills. Students are assigned to their
school based on their area of residence, educational need, or school
- Over $325,000 awarded annually in scholarships to seniors
- Interactive technology in every classroom with a commitment
toward advancements in technology
- Award-winning performing arts ensembles at the junior and senior high
- Consistently above the state average on state assessments (MEAP, MME)
- Full compliment of athletic opportunities (K-12)